What is Full form of CMS
CMS has a full form Content Management System. A Content Management System (CMS) includes content, publishing, editing and modification as well as rules, procedures and. Or allows its maintenance by connecting workflows from a central interface to a collaborative environment.
A CMS can serve as a central repository for content, which can be textual content, documents, movies, pictures, phone numbers, or scientific data.It provides a common user interface that later allows multiple users to publish updates live on the web. In simple words, it is a tool that helps you build a website, even if you do not know how to code from scratch. CMS helps to make a website faster. CMS supports a full Template without changing any content.
CMS is very easy to use. It provides SEO Friendly URL. It provides an Admin Panel in which a lot of languages are available.
CMS has many functions like -
- Creating Content
- Revising Content
- Storing Content
- Indexing Content
- Searching Content
- Retrieving Content
- Publishing Content
- Archiving Content
- Managing content end-to-end
Benefits of CMS
CMS helps in securing the privacy and currency of content and thereby enhances performance -
- Organization of content in related groups and folders.
- Allow search and retrieval of content.
- Providing secure user access to content.
- Converting paper-based content into digital format.
- Routing of workflow based content from one user to another.
- Organize content and distribute it to target audiences.
- Implementing audit trails to monitor changes in content over time.
- Ensuring the integrity and accuracy of the content by ensuring only one user modifies the content at once
- Recording and meta-data related to the content, such as author and title of the content, version of the content, date and time of creation of the material, etc.
Friends, you can see the names of some web based CMS Tools below.
- Pulse cms
- Oracle WebCenter